What are Cookies?
By using our website, you are agreeing to the placement of cookies on your computer. Cookies used by J Finance:
- Do not contain any personally identifiable information about you
- Do not (and cannot) allow us to access other information stored on your computer
- Do not (and cannot) give us information about other websites you visit or your activities on other websites
- Do not store any information about you that others could read and understand, or in any way compromise your security
- Do allow us to provide a service whereby people can access their account, place a deal or open a new account, securely
- Do allow us to retain your login information to help you access your account easily, if you request this. You should not ask us to remember your login information if you are on a public computer
- Do allow us to monitor the number of people using our website and collectively monitor their activities. We cannot identify what you, as an individual, do on our site
- Do allow us to see how people arrive at our site (e.g. search for J Finance on a search engine, or click on an email we have sent)
- Do allow us to collectively gather a little technical information about people using our site, such as their geographic location (to city level) and the type of web browsers they are using. We cannot identify where you, as an individual, are located or the software or services you are using
- Do allow us to display adverts on other websites, to people who have previously accessed the J Finance website. We cannot identify individuals to whom adverts may be displayed
- Do allow the website to recall certain settings and preferences to make using the J Finance site easier. We cannot identify what your individual preferences or settings are
Types of cookie we use
Session cookies are stored on your computer and remain available for the duration of your visit to our website. When you close your browser, any session cookies that have been set will be automatically removed from your computer’s memory.
Persistent cookies are stored on your computer and remain there until they reach their expiration date or you choose to delete them. At this point, the browser will delete the cookie from your computer’s hard drive. While the persistent cookie is present, the website that created it will have access to that cookie each time you return to that particular site.
First and third-party cookies
Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website/service placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by us. Third-party cookies are cookies that are authorised by us but provided via one of our suppliers. In some limited cases, we may use our suppliers to manage some of these cookies for us, but we never allow any third party to use these cookies for their own purposes.
How we classify the cookies we use
We use a system of classification developed by the International Chamber of Commerce. This allows us to classify the different types of cookies that we use on our website to provide you with more information about why we use them.
Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are essential in providing specific services you have requested from us. For example:
- Remembering information, you have entered on online application forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browsing session
- Maintaining a logged-in session on our website
Performance cookies aim to improve our website by collecting information about how you use our website. For example:
- Counting the number of visitors and how they move around our website
- Understanding what interests our users so that we can deliver the content and level of service you expect from us
- Helping us to improve our website by measuring errors experienced by users of our site
- Testing different designs or content on our website
Functionality cookies will typically be set because of an action you have taken on our website but may also be set in the delivery of other services. For example:
- Saving preferences when using interactive share charts
Promotional cookies collect information about your browsing in order to deliver promotions relevant to you and your interests. We may, from time to time, use this type of cookie on our website to deliver promotions relevant to you.
Promotional cookies may also be used to limit the number of times you see a promotion as well as help measure the effectiveness of the promotion.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’).
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Using browser settings to manage cookies
Most web browsers allow you to manage cookies via the browser settings. For example, you may choose to delete existing cookies, prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or disable cookies altogether.